Purpose of the Associate Board:
The purpose of the Associate Board is to create a network of young professionals to serve as Ambassadors for the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center and its work. The Associate Board guides and supports the Law Center in growing our network leveraging personal passions and talents to drive RMCLC’s mission.
- Commitment to the mission of RMCLC
- Willingness to promote and advocate on behalf of RMCLC
- Availability to attend monthly meetings and other scheduled events
- Contribute financially in our monthly giving program (minimum level of $10 per month)
- Engage in at least one subcommittee of the Associate Board
- Introduce Children’s Law Center staff to interested contacts so as to widen network
- Spread the word about the Children’s Law Center, our work, and our events.
- Email resume and a brief letter of interest to Development Director, Jay Cordes (email@example.com)
We encourage you to showcase your personality and strengths. Our Associate Board is a collection not only of members with impressive resumes but also a group that enjoys spending time together, please answer 3 of the questions below as part of your cover letter.
- Why can’t we function as a board without you?
- If you were only able to change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- What does your perfect Saturday look like?
- What is your most hated interview question and why?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done while asking for donations or joining a cause?
- If you could choose any career without regard for practicality, what would you be?
- If application accepted, Jay will schedule a time to meet in person with himself and a current board member
- Attend three meetings to solidify your interest; Meetings are every 3rd Wednesday, 5-6pm
- Associate Board will then vote on new members
- Brief training session to ensure understanding of RMCLC mission/vision and board objectives
- Pair with mentor on board
We appreciate your interest in the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center and its Associate Board. Our members are intelligent, passionate people who care deeply about helping children to overcome obstacles and thrive. The Children’s Law Center prides itself on an inclusive culture – one that celebrates all forms of diversity and difference. We sincerely can’t wait to hear from you and learn what unique experiences you bring to the table.